BIU welcomes transfer students interested in obtaining an American style education. All transfer students transcripts will be reviewed to see which courses maybe transferable towards their program of study at BIU. There are a number of majors you can transfer to. Accordingly, any credits transferred from institutions of higher education that are recognized by the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE) are accepted provided the School and department concerned ensure credits accepted are applicable to the corresponding degree program and that a minimum grade of “C” was obtained .
The accepted credit, however, does not count toward the student’s GPA at BIU. The criteria established by BIU regarding this policy also depends on the School, a transfer student is required to complete at least 51 % of credits at BIU in order to be eligible for a degree, while the remainder of the credits taken at other of higher education institutions can be transferred if they satisfy the criteria of the School and Department concerned. To ensure transfer students have achieved the required learning outcomes and objectives specified by the department concerned, the department reserves the right not to give transfer credit for courses listed under the major requirements category even if students have taken similar courses at the institution they previously attended
If you are transferring from another university the below documents are required
- Certified copy of the Lebanese Baccalaureate Degree (BACCII) or Technical Baccalaureate degree (BT3) or their equivalence (Foreign Baccalaureate)
- Certified copy of the university transcript + course description
- 1 copy of identification card
- 1 copy of family civil status record
- 1 recent passport sized colored photo
- All Lebanese applicants must submit their national social security papers (daman), if available, or must pay $135 and fill the appropriate papers at the social security office.
- 30$ non-refundable application fees
- 20$ for each entrance exam